OrbitalRX is a seed-stage startup in Raleigh, NC that helps hospitals and health systems deal with the very real and growing problem of drug shortages. We have a small cohort of big-name customers, and we are positioned to grow that base rapidly over the next 12 months as we continue to build innovative and intelligent solutions that delight our users and result in better patient care at lower costs. We are hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead the evolution of our product through this exciting phase, and beyond.
This position is both strategic and hands-on. You’ll have daily insight and input into company strategy and leadership, and you’ll also meet regularly with customers, write requirements and create wireframes, and when we’re ready, build out the product management and design teams. This position is a critical one with broad responsibilities, and immense potential for learning and growth.
Day-to-day will look like this:
- Meet with customers to get feedback and ideas, and present new functionality
- Manage the roadmap of product capabilities: get input and buy-in from stakeholders, communicate status and changes in the roadmap, and coordinate with the rest of the team on pushing initiatives forward
- Write product briefs to assess the priority and viability of capabilities, requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, user documentation, and more. We use Confluence to maintain our documentation
- Work with the engineering team to get feedback on designs, scope sprints, determine possible blockers, and perform user acceptance testing
- Measure team performance and feature performance against goals, and continuously improve to make our product more effective
You might be a good fit if:
- You’ve worked in technology for 2-5 years as a Product Manager – experience with SaaS solutions is a must, and familiarity with health care technology is a big plus.
- You have amazing communication skills and charisma, and can build consensus around a plan and get a team excited to execute on it – and you’re comfortable presenting that plan to investors and board members to illustrate how it supports the company’s overall strategy
- You’re passionate about users – you are a design thinker; you are suspicious of ideas that haven’t been validated with real users or with supporting data
- You can conceptualize how a technical system works so that you understand the impact that a change in one area might have in another area, and can build a plan that evolves the software along a sensible path
OrbitalRX was founded in 2017 by health system pharmacists who got tired of not having any solutions for their big, expensive problems, and decided to build some solutions themselves. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to OrbitalRX is fundamental to our success.