We’re Looking for Innovative and Driven Team Members
To apply for the job below, click on the orange “send us your resume” button and attach your resume with a brief note. A stand-out resume will outline results you’ve achieved and demonstrate relevant qualifications in a similar position.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Hospital systems in the US spend over $600B on pharmaceuticals every year – a number that is on the rise due to unpredictable usage, global supply chain issues, and manufacturing problems, among many other factors. OrbitalRX believes technology and data can help ease the burden on health systems and manufacturers. Our industry-leading drug shortage management application is depended on daily by some of the best hospital systems in the country to provide workflow data and insights that help them navigate an increasingly complex pharmaceutical supply chain.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to grow our multi-tenant and multi-product AWS infrastructure, keep our security posture tight, and make our developer experience top notch. The ideal candidate will bring forward innovative and creative ideas around performance, security, CI/CD, cost savings, and system design in order to help us build and roll out technology solutions for our customers. This is a very hands-on role – you’ll have lots of ownership and responsibility, and you’ll be in code every day.
- Take ownership of AWS environment and Terraform code
- Assist the release manager with ensuring deployments run smoothly
- Create production monitoring and reporting systems for errors and problems, and compiling relevant information for the team
- Build security best practices into everything the team does
- Build tools to reduce the occurrence of errors, respond to urgent incidents in production
- Perform root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues
- Architect, design, implement and test new infrastructure for our CI pipelines and production monitoring systems
- Work closely with software engineers, customer support, go-to-market, and product managers to provide devops support and expertise for key initiatives
- Build and implement new development tools and infrastructure as needed to support solution and organizational scaling
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal teams to ensure that the deployment, management, and introspection tooling for our infrastructure is automated, secure, and appropriately abstracted so it’s easy for our developers to use and maintain
- Competitive salary and incentive stock options
- Excellent health plan options including individual premium and deductible coverage via employer-funded HSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-first culture with quarterly on-sites in Raleigh, NC
- You enjoy collaborating as much as possible
- You have experience with AWS (preferred) or another cloud platform
- You have experience with Terraform (preferred) or another IaC toolset
- You’ve worked with GitHub actions and AWS CodeBuild to create CI/CD automations
- You want to be connected to the impact your work has – you do great devops work, and you care that it’s being used to make health care better for people who need it
- You have previously worked at startups and have helped determine the best practices and direction for devops and infra within an engineering team
- Bonus points if you know Python or Go and are willing and able to jump into some back end code on occasion, review PRs, etc.
At OrbitalRX, we believe that it’s time for the drug supply chain to evolve into an intelligent, efficient, and transparent system that ensures all stakeholder needs are considered and addressed. Our solutions liberate and democratize the data necessary for health-systems to work alongside manufacturers and ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable provision of pharmaceutical care to the public.
We are well-organized, passionate, courageous, respectful, and accountable and pride ourselves on running our business in a sustainable, scalable manner.
As an equal opportunity employer we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our employees are the heart of who we are. They’re vital to serving our clients and we reward them for their time and effort. In addition to a transparent and supportive work environment, we offer the following incentives.
Unlimited Vacation Policy
We don’t believe in working 24/7. We offer unlimited PTO so you can take time to relax and reset.
Employer-paid Health Insurance
Your mental and physical well-being are just as important to us, so we cover your health insurance.
Healthy Work-Life Balance
Maintaining work-life balance reduces stress and prevents burnout, so we make it a priority.
We want to help our employees prepare for the future, so we offer payroll deductions to 401K savings.
Remote Work Capabilities
We offer flexibility to our employees. Work from home or a co-working space, whatever works for you.
Want to learn a new skill? We encourage you to develop your skills and support your growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to OrbitalRX is fundamental to our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.